Welcome to Swansea ITeC
Whatever your IT requirement, Swansea ITeC will provide a quality solution. Whether you require computer training, IT services or consultancy, you can choose from a wide range of flexible options. Our approach means you are in control, and your IT objectives can be achieved. We pride ourselves on the fact that all of our IT services are:
- Customer focussed
- Business conscious
- High quality
- Flexible and effective
The Young Recruits Programme
The Young Recruits Programme is an all Wales programme that provides financial support to employers offering high quality apprenticeship programmes to recruit and train additional young apprentices (16-24 year olds).
What exactly is the Young Recruits Programme?
Targeted support will be made available to create additional opportunities for young people to access quality apprenticeship places. The programme can benefit:
- large employers that already offer high quality apprenticeship programmes who are able to expand their programmes to take on additional learners
- small and medium sized employers working individually or in partnership to offer additional apprenticeship opportunities where there is a need to maintain a highly-skilled workforce for when the economy recovers.
Young Recruits Programme eligibility criteria
All employers must:
- be able to offer (a) full time additional apprenticeship place(s), ie. a minimum of 25 hours including time with the provider
- be paying the appropriate minimum wage for apprentices (or any other National Minimum Wage regulation that may apply)
- be able to evidence payment to their learner with certified copies of wage slips or bank statement.
Without this evidence, we are unable to offer the support.
All learners must:
- be between the ages of 16 and 24 at time of application
- be living and/or working in Wales
- have been employed by the applicant for no longer than 10 weeks at time of application
- be enrolled upon a level 2 or level 3 apprenticeship framework with a Welsh Government-contracted work based learning provider.
What is the financial support?
An enhanced wage subsidy of £3,900 over 52 weeks will be paid to employers, subject to the eligibility criteria and evidential requirements being met (not applicable to the public sector). The wage subsidy will be paid in instalments of £100 for 26 weeks and £50 for the remaining 26 weeks.
To find out more:
Contact John Windsor on 01792 464561 or email
Why Your Business Needs an Apprentice
You can physically see or touch most products you buy, so it’s very easy to know exactly what you’re getting for your money. It’s not quite so easy to see the immediate benefits of your investment when it comes to Apprenticeships.
The obvious benefit of improved skills and thus productivity are the simplest to identify but there are more subtle advantages to be gained as well. Effective staff training can improve motivation, communication, and morale and so assist management to move the business forward.
There is no age limit on who can become an Apprentice and even existing employees are eligible for the scheme – at no cost to your business, other than time.
Swansea ITeC offer 3 IT Apprenticeship career pathways:-
- IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals (The framework recognises a wide variety of vendor certification and qualifications from eg Microsoft and CompTiA)
- IT Application Specialist (City & Guilds)
- Business Administration (Council for Administration)
For more information about Apprenticeships please conatct Diane Wilson or John Windsor on 01792 464561